Are You Preparing for Ministry as a Military Chaplain?
One way the Military Chaplains Association “speaks with a professional voice” is through support for training the next generation of chaplains. Each year, we provide financial assistance to several seminary students who are currently serving as chaplain candidates in the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
The MCA Chaplain Candidate Scholarship program was established in 1992. Since then, we have helped sixty-five chaplain candidates. Funds to support our annual scholarship awards come from donations by individuals, Chapel Funds, Chiefs of Chaplains Funds, and contributions made through the Combined Federal Campaign.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Full time enrollment in an accredited seminary.
- Ecclesiastical endorsement for future ministry as a military chaplain.
- Appointment and active service as a “Chaplain Candidate” in one of the Armed Services.
- Completion of the MCA Chaplain Candidate Scholarship application form and submission of all requirements.
Scholarship applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will be received from February 1st to April 30th, 2018.
Items required for submission will include:
• Chaplain Candidate Scholarship Application form – completed, signed and dated with required attachments
• Documents required in Section C 1 & 2
• Statement of Financial Background (Section D 1)
• Student Aid Report (Section D 2)
• All documents required by Section E
• Head shot color photograph in military uniform
Please note: The scholarship applicant is responsible to assemble all items in one complete package and send to the MCA as indicated above. Any items sent separately (i.e. letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.) must have the applicant’s name clearly indicated. Incomplete or late packages will not be considered.
Previous scholarship recipients